Skip to main content

Moms vintage Cake Pans and Jell-O Molds!

My mother will turn 92 in June of this year and her days of cooking and baking are long gone. I realized this 4 Thanksgivings ago when she was making the Pumpkin pies and forgot to put the sugar in them. Poor gal, she was the best baker ever. She came from a family of 16 children and had 6 sisters. Grandma Pfledderer (mom's mom) came here from Germany in 1903 and taught them all everything she knew. All that are left is my Aunt Jeannette (88) and mom out of the 16.

I was fortunate enough to get some of her cake pans and Jell-O molds. Can't begin to tell you how many creations I've had out of them in my nearly 60 years on this planet. All were either given to mom as gifts or purchased by her. Looking up prices on eBay I realized I have a small fortune wrapped up in these pans. I use them to bake cakes or make Jell-O creations in for my 3 Hearts now...Elivia, Eli and Ehann. And the tradition carries on until its time to pass them on.

The following are the ones I have (my sister received some others nifty ones), that I will keep near & dear to me forever. They are priceless and can never really be replaced. The heart pans will be used soon for Valentines Day, Elivia is excited about that. I enjoy using these for different occasions and thrilled that they will stay in the family for years to come via my grand's.

You can check out some of the great things for sale at my Etsy Store at www.etsy.com/shop/3HeartsVintage


Heart Cake Pan Set by Walker Ware - 1950's
Jell-O Molds by Mirro -1950's
Angel Food Cake Pan by Walker Ware - 1950's

Lamb Cake Pan by Wilton - 1950's




Have a blessed day!
Jan
3 Hearts Vintage


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to start Christmas Shopping!

You bet it is, its never to early to get going on the gifts with the season just around the corner. Its time to start that list so you aren't so rushed by the first of December. Getting things done early is a big plus, and leaves you more time to wrap presents,make goodies, spend time with family & friends, or just plain relax through it all. I have some wonderful ideas in my shop....here's just a few to think about. Every thing from figurines, Snack Sets, Tea Cups, Avon Cape Cod, Pyrex, Fire King, and much more! You find a lot of things on list to knock out and sit back to relax. Let start with this beautiful pair of glass Bluebirds sitting on a heart shaped base from the 1990's, it certainly makes a statement! This piece is signed by Leo Ward dated 1993....it was produced & distributed by the Terra Company! How about this praying Angel from the 1990's. Its a Homco piece and was sold excursively by Home Interiors. Now that the company is no longer,

I'm back and running a RED, White and Blue Sale!

Hello everyone, I do apologize for the delay in blogs lately. Since my mother's brief illness and death its been a whirl wind of activity around my house to get her laid to rest. With that accomplished here's to a smoother second half of my year! RIP Mom, you deserve it. Please check out my shop on Etsy! I have been putting up many new items and am currently running a sale for the Fourth of July! Mom loved the 4th, and it was her late sister Alice's birthday too. Story goes, Aunty Alice thought the entire USA was celebrating with her. Of course I think she was only 3 years old then. In honor of Mom, I've picked out some Red, White and Blue items, and placed them on sale at 10% off! Here are four items you will find on the sale. Just click on the "Sale" category and all 17 will come up for your shopping pleasure! You will find them at Red, White, and Blue Sale! I will be putting many more new things on line this week....so be sure to check

Setting the Table

So you've been given the task of setting the wedding party table at the reception. What can you do to make it memorable? One of the latest trends is to use vintage China, dinnerware and glass. Not sure where this idea originated, but I love it. No doubt it was a awesome wedding planner, and who ever it was, I solute you! Depending on the bride and her tastes they are buying up every thing from miss matched china pieces to full matching sets of vintage china, stoneware, and glass. Many of these items are being found in thrift stores every where.  The brides are not forgetting to pick up serving sets as well, such as butter dishes, salt and pepper sets, gravy boats, platters, serving bowls and candle stick holders. When the party is over, the china is taken, cleaned up and presented to the bride and groom as a wedding present. Johann Haviland Bavarian China For the more laid back or rustic simplified wedding try using Corelle for the setting. Corelle Dinner Ware, Snowf